Hey wanted to share with you how to change the cabin filter in a Toyota Tacoma and Pontiac Vibe. The Filterheads.com part number is AQ1045 it fit like a glove.
Only takes about 15 min or less
Tools: Philips head screwdriver may be needed on some models
Location of cabin filter:
Behind the glove compartment
1. Open the glove compartment.
2. On the right hand side of the glove compartment you will see a rod connected to the glove compartment this is called the dampener rod. This rod may be secured in one of two ways. If the rod is secured by a screw use the Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screw then remove the arm by slightly closing the glove compartment while pulling the arm slightly forward and off the shaft it was hooked to. If the rod does not have a screw simply remove the arm by slightly closing the glove compartment while pulling the arm slightly forward and off the shaft it was hooked to.
3. Now remove the glove compartment by pushing in on both sides of the glove compartment while pulling it downward until you disengage the stops on each side.
Once the stops are disengaged allow the glove compartment to swing downward and off its hinges. Set the glove compartment aside
4. You should now see the cabin filter door. Open the cabin filter door by unlatching the two latches at the top of the door and allow the door to swing downward.
5. Remove the old filter by pulling it straight out.
6. Install the new filter with the air flow indicator arrow printed on the side of the filter down.
7. Close the cabin filter door and make sure that you re-latch both sides.
8. Pick up the glove compartment and re-hinge it at the bottom. You should hear both hinges snap back in place.
9. Once the bottom of the glove compartment is hinged in place at the bottom. Partially close the glove compartment until the stops on each side re-engage.
10. Now re-install the dampener rod by sliding it back on the shaft on the glove compartment or if your model had a screw slide it back on the shaft on the glove compartment and secure it with the screw.
11. Close the glove compartment.
Thanks for looking!!!